TITAN PORT SPECIAL
The TITAN-PORT APH serves as a permanent vascular access for performing extracorporeal apheresis.
- High biocompatibility
- Particularly light (< 15 g)
- No chemical reactivity with injection solutions
- MR-conditionally safe up to 3 Tesla
- Secure twist and screw connection between chamber and catheter
- Suture holes for fixation to muscle fascia
- Compatible with non-coring port needles
- High pressure stability
- Self-closing special silicone
- Holds the port needle reliably in position
- SFN Special port needle 15 G – 1,000 punctures; 14 G – 500 punctures
- Polyurethane: very flexible, but kink-resistant
- outstanding biocompatibility
- Suitable for long-term use
- free from latex, PVC and DEHP
- Length scaling for precise and safe implantation
- Fish Mouth Tip
- Catheter and port chamber are de-connectable
TITAN-PORT APH (exctracorporeal apheresis) is a fully implantable port catheter system providing an access facility for performing extracorporeal apheresis. The set contains a titanium port chamber with a self-sealing silicone membrane and a single-lumen polyurethane catheter for connection to the port chamber and fixing to the outlet tube with a screw. Each system also includes a special puncture needle SFN 1535 B, an introducer set (consisting of an 18 G introducer, an 11 F introducer peel-away and a 0.89 mm guidewire), a tunnelizer, a vein lifter, a rinsing needle, a port cannulae SFN 0930 G, this user instruction and an implant card.
The single-lumen polyurethane catheter (10 French, with an outer diameter 3.35 mm, an inner diameter 2 mm, total length 72 cm and internal volume of 0.31 ml per 10 cm) has at the distal end a special catheter tip (fishmouth tip). If necessary the catheter can be shortened at the proximal end. The fishmouth tip reduces adsorption at the vessel wall, thereby also improving the flow rate.
Only special non-coring port needles should be used to puncture the port membrane.
TITAN port catheter systems are MR-conditionally safe. We will be happy to provide you with further information upon request.