ASCITES / PERITONEAL
The TITAN-PORT AS/PT allows repeated access to the peritoneal cavity
- high biocompatibility
- light weight (< 20 g)
- no chemical reactivity with injection solutions
- MR conditional safe up to 3 Tesla
- secure screw closure mechanism between chamber and catheter
- suture holes for fixation to muscle fascia
- compatible with non-coring port needles
- high pressure stability
- holds the needle reliable in place
- special SFN puncture needle 15 G – 1.000 punctures
- Silicone: non-knicking or bending material
- at the distal end rolled and with lateral holes
- outstanding biostability
- suitable for long-term use
- free from latex, PVC and DEHP
- catheter and port chamber can be disconnected
Titan-Port AS/PT (Ascites and peritoneal therapy) is a fully implantable port catheter system providing an access facility to the peritoneal space. The set contains a titanium port chamber with a self-sealing silicone membrane and a single-lumen silicone catheter for connection to the port chamber and fixing to the outlet tube with a screw. Each system also includes a special puncture needle, an introducer set, a tunnelizer, instructions for use and an implant card.
The silicone catheter 14.5 F (outer diameter of 4.9 mm, a total length 600 mm and priming volume of 0.59 ml/10cm) has lateral holes and is rolled about approx. 12 cm at the proximal end. It has a round tip and if necessary the catheter can also be shortened at the distal (unperforated) end.
Only special non-coring port needles should be used to puncture the port membrane!
TITAN port catheter systems are MR conditional safe. We will be happy to provide you with further information on request.